Hay Fever is an allergic reaction to pollen from trees, grass, or flowers. It often gets worse with the increased pollen count from April to September.
The body produces histamine to fight off the offending pollen, but this can lead to the classic hay fever symptoms:
- Runny, itchy nose
- Itchy, runny, red eyes
- Nasal congestion
There are lots of treatments available:
- Antihistamine tablets and liquid
- Homeopathic remedies
- Nasal sprays
- Eye drops
Discuss your symptoms with us and we will gladly help you find the right product to meet your needs. Ensure before trying any of these that the medications are age appropriate, and don’t affect other medications being taken.
Other tips that one could try are:
- Apply Vaseline to the inside of the nose to trap the pollen
- Close the car windows when driving
- Avoid working in the garden
- Don’t dry clothes outside if possible, as they bring pollen in with them
- Avoid picnics in the grass – the beach might be a better location
- Close doors and windows during the mid morning and early evening when pollen counts are higher than normal
- Wipe face and body with a damp face cloth, or take a shower after coming indoors to remove any pollen stuck to the skin
For more hints, tips and further information on specific products check out our facebook page.